Sunday, December 14, 2008

Railroad Crossing



"Railroad Crossing" 22" x 30" by Sue Johnston CWA

This piece, 'Railroad Crossing' is the third in a series of paintings inspired by experiences on train trips over the past few years. In this painting two ladies cross the tracks to catch the train leaving Reno. I like to think that the basket held by the lead woman, is filled with her big win at the slots. I love the way their coats and the brown felt hat remind me of an earlier time in the world. Their stories and the light surrounding them were my inspiration in creating this painting.

2 comments:

Chris Beck said...

Fabulous painting, Sue!! I look forward to seeing all the work of the group.

RH Carpenter said...

This is definitely a prize-winning painting - should be in every show you can get it in. Wow!
---Rhonda